Savings Angel

Cut your grocery bill in half!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Proverbs 31:11

The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
So as I was reading and praying over this verse I found it interesting that the last phrase says shall have no need of spoil. It didn't say that he wouldn't spoil but that he would have no need of it. This got me to wondering what the words or phrase means in the original language.
So I went on a quest and was surprised to find that it meant
1) prey, plunder, spoil, booty
A) prey
B) booty, spoil, plunder (of war)
C) plunder (private)
D) gain (meaning dubious)
So this led to more thoughts and prayers  in trying to figure out why this wording was used and what it meant. This is where I ended up. His heart safely rests in her, he trusts her with everything, he relies on her prudence and her skill and knows that she will not disappoint him.
He has no need of spoil he does not lack profit or gain, especially those obtained by risk of war. She spends wisely and is thrifty so he does not have to extra risks to provide for the family. The more I meditated on this verse the more I was convicted. I began to think of all the ways I spend money and am I spending wisely? Do I demand or expect things from my husband that are not necessary and cause him to take risks in business that are un-necessary? I found that I am doing fairly well in this area especially as I am working hard on cutting expenses and only asking for those things that that are needed for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment