Savings Angel

Cut your grocery bill in half!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Decorating the Dining Room

Anyone that has been in my house knows I love color.  I was looking today for some ideas for my kitchen and dining room and found this picture Lime green upholstered chairs mirror the green grass that this Neptune Beach, Florida, dining room overlooks. A capiz shell light fixture and a polished brown wood table with a silver base offer modern island touches.

I just fell in love!  I love the richness of the wood table, I adore the green chairs and the curtains with just a hint of blue, well don't even get me started.  The chandelier is also amazing,  I can just imagine myself setting at this table with a cup of coffee and my Bible first thing in the morning.  Or my husband and I having a glass of Ice tea and catching up our days.  Don't you just love when you go into someone's house and you instantly feel comfortable.  I know I do.

Our dining room has a large wood table with some wooden chairs but I am wanting to do something different with them I don't know what yet and am formulating some ideas.  I was thinking maybe some chair covers or maybe just new chairs all together.  I'm not sure but I do know that I am going to have to get some new window treatments.  The dining room and kitchen both have odd windows so I'll probably have to have someone make them for me.  I have been looking at some fabric but nothing has jumped out yet, though I have thrown this one out of the running yet Belfast Sueded Stripe Red/Gold  or this one Delphi Dupioni Silk Plaid Red/Ivory  and then there's this one Charleston Home Jacquard Stripe Cush CanyonSmall Check Cranberry Red/Cream  See maybe my problem is to many choices.  Then once I get the new window treatments I can figure everything out.  Once I get it done I will post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment