Savings Angel

Cut your grocery bill in half!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grandma's Influence

So I was talking with some friends today about reading and how much we enjoy it.  It was also interesting to me to find that most of us were given a love of reading from our Grandmas.  I will never forget the first book my Granny bought for me it was Wind In The Willows.  I fell in love with the adventures of Frog and Toad and we would read a chapter every time I went to her house.  I couldn't wait to see what crazy thing Frog was going to do next.


From there my love of reading blossomed.  I read for days when I first found the Anne of Green Gables Series and The Little House on the Prairie .  From there my love of reading has moved to many different things.  At any time you will find books like The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy , The Shunning  and Hearts In Atlantis  on my Kindle.


I have soared through mountains and to the bottom of the ocean.  I have lived in ancient Rome and helped to settle a colony on a distant planet.  I have laughed, cried and gotten angry all without leaving my chair.  I am so thankful for a Grandmother who showed me the world through books.

No comments:

Post a Comment