Savings Angel

Cut your grocery bill in half!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Psalm 91:2

Psalm 91: I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

I was struck by how comfortable David seemed to be in this knowledge. He seems to be saying " I will say of the Lord, no matter what others say of Him, that He is my refuge; I choose Him  and I will confide in Him.  I don't care what others choose as their idols but I will say, no matter what happens,that Jehovah, the true and living God, is my refuge, any other in one made of lies." Not only is He my refuge but He is also my fortress, my strong hold the one place I can go that will never fail.  I am only safe and secure when I place my trust in Him and make The Lord my fortress.  There is never any reason to question His sufficiency, because of that in Him , and Him only, will I place my trust.  If He is my God, my refuge and my fortress what can I desire or need that I can not find in Him?  He is not, fickle or false, weak or mortal; He is God, not man and so I know that there is no chance of disappointment in him.  I have a choice and I make it proudly to choose Him, who is always faithful, to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment