Savings Angel

Cut your grocery bill in half!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Psalm 91

The Lord has laid Psalm 91 on my heart.  This is one of my favorite Psalms.  So I have decided that I am going to spend some time memorizing and meditating on the psalm one verse at a time and ask God to show me what he has for me with each verse.   I am hoping to do one verse a day so here is my first verse.
 
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
         Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

  I love the fact that the verse is a promise to live in the shelter of God. It says here that they live in the secret place.  The place of the Most High is secret you have to search it our through prayer.  The Bible also tells us in many other places that the way to come into the presence of the LORD is through Praise and worship.  So dwell in a place of praise and worship, continually being praising God and worshiping Him.  If I live a life of communion with God I am constantly under His protection.  I can always have a sense of peace and security. I can choose by Faith to dwell (trust) in His secret place to enter into it by praise and worship and then not leave by constantly praise and worshiping Him.  When I do this I have by faith chosen to let Him guard me I will find all that I could need or desire.  I want this to be a part of my character that I will dwell in His secret place, I want to be at home in God and to rest in Him.  I want to be well acquainted with inward praise and worship as well as outward.  I want my heart and soul to always be worshiping and to be in service to Him.  I want to love being alone with my God in prayer and worship.  I want Him to be the first one I turn to when life gets tough.  When I do these things it will be a privilege and a comfort to abide or live under the Shadow of the Almighty.  He promises to shelter me and to protect me from anything that would come at me, that would try to annoy or to steal me a way from Him.  I will not only be allowed into His presence but will be given a residence a place to stay under His protection forever. This is a blessing and a promise from Him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment